American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
Patrick A. Weller is the author/creator of the Smart Modernization and Retroﬁt Technology Solutions (SMARTS) Program. The SMARTS Program enable California’s cities and counties to expedite use of approved Energy Eﬃciency Conservation Block Grants (EECBG) awards created by the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA). The EECBG is funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), which provides $787 billion in economic investment nationally to stimulate the economy.
The California Energy Commission received $49.6 million to allow California’s eligible cities and counties to use these funds to concentrate on cost-eﬀective, energy eﬃcient projects for their communities. Lighting retroﬁts, building upgrades, mechanical equipment, clean energy systems, and various energy management controls solutions are acceptable options.
The use of Federal dollars required an unprecedented level of transparency and accountability so Americans knew where their tax dollars were going and how they were being spent. The SMARTS Program’s investment grade process and business practices served to address the critical action steps that agencies had to take immediately to meet Federal objectives and to implement cost effective programs. The City of Grover Beach project developed by Patrick A. Weller was one of the nation’s first “Shovel-Ready” projects.
We have the ability to implement agency-speciﬁc guidance programs, in the event that an agency requires steps beyond standard practice, including reporting, information collection, budget execution, risk management, and speciﬁcs related to award type.
- Procurement, Buy American
- Davis-Bacon wage determinations
- National Environmental Policy Act
- National Historic Preservation Act
- Waste Disposal
Program administration services for the California cities of Grover Beach, Arroyo Grande, Duarte, and Hawaiian Gardens were 100% compliant for yield the following results:
- Cities: Grover Beach, Arroyo Grande, Hawaiian Gardens, and Duarte
- EECBG Funds: $2,882,399
- Rebates & Incentives: $111,949
- Green Jobs Created: 50
- Environmental Impact
- Trees Planted: 21,961
- Homes Powered: 77
- Metric Tons of CO2 Reductions: 837
- Cars Removed: 55
- Total Project Finance: $3,244,348
- Total Annual Savings: $205,364
Energy Dollars Saved
Efficiency and Self Generation
U.S. Energy and Environmental Experts
Investment Grade Know-how
You Can Trust!
* Our S4P Investment Grade Process used to secure ARRA fund awards for nation’s first “Shovel-Ready project!
* We represent the Owner of the first Solar Power Purchase Agreement for a Denny’s Restaurant in the United States!
* We will help you to understand the Performance & Financial Analysis for your energy and environmental program!